Saturday, May 05, 2012

Good News

After some realization that there are some who actually read my blog without me knowing, and some conviction on the matter, I decided it was time that I make a statement of faith. Yes, it’s time that I post something, anything for that matter, but I realized that there may be someone who comes upon this blog, perhaps you, that needs to hear the message of the gospel. The what? you say. The good news, my friend. Let’s try not to let this get preachy, but simply state some words of truth for a moment. Let’s break this down into a way that we can start to understand it. First, I’m just going to lay down what scripture has been presented to me for this very purpose.
Here we go:

“There is no one righteous, not even one.” Romans 3:10
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” 3:23
“The wages of sin is death.” 6:23a
“God proves His love for us in that while we still were sinners, Christ died for us.” 5:8
“but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” 6:23b
“For, everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” 10:13
“because if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved.” 10:9-10

Now, this is just skimming the surface, and while I’d love to share loads more, I think this should be a light read to start so that it is not so overwhelming. So there it is. If it’s not for you, do me the favor of at least thinking about it. I will continue more later, but if you care to discuss any piece of it more deeply or have questions, go ahead and comment.
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Heidi "Audrey Strawberry" said...

:) So glad I learned the Good News at an early age and chose to follow Christ fully of my own free will at 23. He is the ultimate Good News and He will change your life!